Friday, June 7, 2013

Super-Easy Baked Lemon Pepper Tilapia Recipe

I have been trying to “eat out of the pantry” for the past week or so since I have yet to go grocery shopping and I came across some individually frozen tilapias and thought they would be a great addition to the new meal plan I’d like to start going by. I didn’t want to get too involved on my ingredients. I wanted to use what was on hand so I whipped up with this simple recipe.

Ready to go in the oven



  
Ingredients
2-4 frozen tilapia fillets
Lemon pepper seasoning
1 Lemon
I cannot believe it’s not butter spray
Cooking Spray






Directions
Defrost tilapia fillets. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray/grease 9x9 baking dish. Cut lemon in half. Squeeze lemon juice into baking dish.  Season both sides of tilapia fillets to your liking and place in dish.  Spritz tops of tilapia 2x with butter spray. Squeeze a small amount of lemon juice over the top of each fillet. Using the other half of the lemon, cut thin slices and place them across the tops of the fillet. I use 1-2 slices per fillet. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Tilapia should be white and flakey when finished cooking. 

Notes:
Makes 2-4 servings. Serving size: 1 tilapia fillet. 110 Calories. 20 grams of protein 3 grams of fat. Pairs great with brown rice and steamed broccoli.

Total Cost: $2.50 per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment